BBQ season is upon us and with the World Cup 2018 only days away we will all be using our outdoor grills. Properly cooked food must be a priority. The only way to ensure this is to measure the core temperature of the food using a temperature probe. The SuperFast Thermapen 4 temperature probe is perfect for use with BBQs. Did you read about the masterclass we recently attended? BBQ genius Richard Holden cooked up an amazing (and adventurous) meal on the grill, and we learned that a Thermapen includes:
- A 360° self-rotating display (can be used in any position)
- An intelligent backlit display sensing light levels, automatically turning the backlight on/off in varying light conditions
- A motion-sensing sleep mode automatically turns the Thermapen Mk4 on/off when set down or picked up. This maximises battery life – 3000 hours in normal use
- Waterproof washable casing to IP67/67 standards
- ‘Biomaster’ additive that reduces bacterial growth on the casing
- Ergonomic rubber seal minimises the ingress of water, dust or food.
The Thermapen 4 is the fastest-reading contact thermometer on the market. The core temperature of a food product can be verified in under three seconds. It provides a precise read-out of temperature over the range of -50 to 300 °C with a 1 °C resolution and an accuracy of ±1 °C.
Meat (especially sausages, burgers, chicken and pork) must be thoroughly cooked. These meats need to show 75 °C on the Thermapen probe to be ready to eat. For steaks, cook a little less according to your taste.
Remember the saying “75 to stay alive” and you won’t go wrong!
Thermapen have kindly offered a SuperFast Thermapen 4 as a prize for our competition! To win your very own Thermapen, all you have to do is enter via the form below. Good luck x